Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Out With Retro

I have been working out at the gym in retro style wear for a few years now: old shorts, t-shirts and converse. Sometimes I wear ripped jeans. But that's not always how I have worked out. In the past, the stuff I wore at the gym was usually really tight, really shiny, and really ... well... cool.

Well, I finally decided to put retro back in it's place; back in the past, and step back into the NOW world.

For those of you who train... any kind of training like running, tennis, swimming, surfing, whatever, and wear sport-specific clothing, you will know what I mean when I say that this style for my workouts is so much more comfortable in so many ways than t-shirts and baggy shorts. It's hard to explain, but those who know... know. If you run regularly and wear real running gear designed for running, you'll likely know what I mean. Do yoga in yoga wear? That will do it, too.

Of course there is nothing wrong with skiing in jeans, or playing tennis in army boots, but the stuff that's made for the sport, just... seems... to... 'fit'. Like hitting the 'sweet spot' if you know what I mean.

So on the weekend I bought myself a new top (Nike Dry Fit) that fits like a second skin, and a pair of really comfortable shorts. These shorts rock! And I don't even need to wear gotch in them, which means that the shape of my helmet doesn't "stand out". Nope. Smooth as a dolphin. Very nice...

Besides, I kinda like the way my body shows the curves in this stuff...

Have a great day.

I love you!

Cam

3 comments: