Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Big Day is finally here. The customer is coming to listen to the presentation that I have been working on with the team for TWO MONTHS! Sheesh! I was telling Kyoko late last night (we were there until 11:30) that I couldn't believe I've been working at SMR for 2 months already! Talk about flying time!!! Well, my job is done. Today I just look pretty and pretend I can speak Japanese when the president asks me to translate stuff if the specialized paid interpreter can't. Have to leave 30 minutes earlier, also.

6 comments:

  1. Totally unrelated .....

    Will Ferguson is a Canadian humorist who has written several books. He taught ESL in Japan for several years and while there decided to hitchhike the length of Japan chasing the Cherry blossom bloom. Of course he was told that Japanese do not pick up hitchhikers and, of course, they did with hilarious consequences. His Japanese wa minimal and their English nonexistant.

    It was sold in Canada as Hitching Rides With Buddha but maybe in Japan as Hokaido Highway Blues.

    It is a wonderful, funny book. You would like.

    Good luck with your big day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, and knock 'em dead! Not physically of course, be careful not to turn suddenly and thwack them with your big muscle arms! I am sure you will do great and make a very good impression with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY!!!



    Break a leg, Sweety.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well here I am a day late.

    How'd it go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! I hope time is flying because it's a good situation and you're happy. :)

    ReplyDelete