Saturday, October 31, 2009

Last Stop!

After I left Tokyo Tower I rode the Oedo line to Morishita Stn and then transferred to my Shinjuku line. Instead of getting off at my station I got off one before, Mizue, where my gym is and went to do some shopping at Don Quixote. On my way out of the station I saw a rescue fireman and police officer. No big deal. Or so I thought...

It was the first time to go up to the third floor of Don Quixote. I did some grocery shopping and finally discovered where I don't have to pay... a left nipple for extra virgin olive oil. Good stuff! And it was. I got two bags of stuff to put in the pantry (spaghetti sauce etc.). I then went down to the second floor and got some simple cotton tight, thin boxer brief gotch to wear for work. Don't get me wrong, I love my BWs... but sitting in a suit and tie all day in an office that is about 28C or 85F is not fun in hightec POLYESTER anything no matter how "wicking/quick drying/highly absorbent" it is claimed to be. Cotton rules.

Then I walked to the garden center to see if the plant I liked was still there and if so I thought to buy it. Sold! Next time...

So I went to have a coffee outside and fiddle with my Kindle for a while. It was then that I noted the pile of people at the station and the pile of rescue firemen at the station and the pile of police at the station...

I heard someone who had just walked back from the station say to a friend that someone had died on the train.

And they were right. In fact someone had died on the 15:15 train into Mizue. My train...

Well I hope their last day as a human being in their present form on this 2009/11/01 day was a pleasant day. I think it would be a great way to go after having a great day! Don't you think so? After all, they got to end this adventure we call "Life, Oh Life" and start on the Next Great Adventure that we all get to go on at some point in our lives!

See you tomorrow!

Cam

11 comments:

  1. exciting day.
    very cool. and now, on to a pleasant evening... or so i hope.

    i hope that person hadn't had a boring or stressful day at work or a fight with his boss or wife or kid only to keel over on the train.

    but if so... at least he's at peace now.

    it's another perspective...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Saturday, which means the chances of something bad happening at work are dramatically reduced. It is another perspective, although a much darker one... I prefer the positive perspectives, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think of him at peace now from all the ... stuff of life in Tokyo.

    peaceful... calm now.... not so dark at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, good. Then what was the bit about his last thoughts or actions being related to "boring... stressful... fights with loved ones" all about? I prefer to see the person as having happy thoughts on the way out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, those were his thoughts on the way out... face it... or look around at your fellow passengers.
    but now there is peace.
    maybe not on a saturday but on work days.... do they look like they're having the time of their lives?

    just keepin it real,bruh... as they say in da hood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reality is what you make of it, how you see things. I prefer to "make" reality happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's just ONE of the things i LOVE about you.



    but it's mostly the eyes. heee...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What?!?! Not the "one-nippled pecs"???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm starting to feel very sorry for your nipples.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... always makes you ponder when you hear such news. Whomever they were, they had an impact on their last day. Not only to those on the train, but to those at the station and as far reached as one girl here in AZ, as well as many others out there worldwide. I bet he/she had no idea there death would be felt around the world. And make each and every person whom read it pause for a moment to "think" of their very own mortality and what at that moment really matters,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent point, Paula.

    We really ARE all connected in one way or another through our souls that all connect to the Goddess, and The Universe.

    ReplyDelete