Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Balance Body

Mayu is always talking about how wonderful her down jacket is; she goes shopping in it with nothing but a t-shirt or a tanktop underneath even in the winter. I, on the other hand have always been into "lay-er-ing" because that's where the "true warmth is". Or so I was always indoctrinated into believing.
 
Since my body is not all that petite, my clothes tend to be rather large. As a good example, where Mayu can fit in 10 pairs of her teeny weenie underwear into the suitcase, the same amount of space is required for three pieces of my "teeny weenie body wild" gotch (gotches? gootchie gootchie?)
 
On this last trip to the States, I had my glorious LL Bean jacket. I love that thing and it is truly a wonderful jacket. I wanted to get something different from the decades of ski jackets that I have been wearing everywhere. I just thought it would be nice not to look like I just came off the ski slopes all the time.
 
But still.... I wanted one of those down jackets so that I could go shopping and not boil to death wearing all my jackets, or have to carry the heavy monsters around inside the malls which are always too hot to continue wearing them.
 
Well yesterday I took a side trip over to Second Street, that awesome recycle store where I found my Abercrombie and Fitch Jacket (remember that?) and a snowboarder's parka, and a jean jacket...
 
And guess what? I found a great down jacket that is modern in style (short at the waist), and has a rather cool colour. I don't know what you'd call this colour aside from... gunmetal grey... but I like it! And it feels really really great as well. And warm! As soon as I left the shop, I switched jackets and wore that one all the way home in the car. It wasn't bulky, and wasn't too hot at all, but neither was it cold. Nice and light!
 
You know I think that maybe I just keep buying the same guy's clothes who takes them in there to sell them because I cannot imagine that there are too many people out there who have the same length of arms that I possess.
 
Anyway, this is the jacket.
 
And it is GREAT!
 
Can you tell I like it?
 
I can! I love you!!!!
 
 

More photos on flickr in my Mr. Narcissus collection (I couldn't resist! *shrugging shoulders*)

11 comments:

  1. Ooo look at you, so how was it with no shirt, could you go around with just a shirt on under it, I know what you mean about carrying around a bunch of stuff, Id rather just have a jacket but then I live in California , even layering is rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen - Yes. I can wear just a t-shirt under that and it isn't cool at all. Very nice. And I also like it because it's not some looong coat or ski-jacket thingy. It's kind of new to me. Of course I wouldn't go shopping shirtless, by any means. It would probably still be too hot in the malls, and then taking my ... jacket ... off... would.... probably.... get.... more.....hmmmm..... attention...? Hmm.....

    And yes, the fly IS done up (I checked) and since the pants are not doused in down, I did have a little pair of BWs on underneath. You know.. keeping the homefires toasty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CD - Don't know if you don't ask, right? I love you! How are you doing today? Did you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tall, skinny Canuckian in a big puffy coat...Reminds me of the Michelin Man... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know.... you're right! It never occured to me but I think you hit the nail on the head there, Robin! Michelin Cam! Or Camelin man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an Allman Bros. tune running through my head right now:

    Lord, I was born a Camelin man,
    Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.

    And when it's time for leavin',
    I hope you understand -
    I was born a Camelin Man

    I need to go back to work now. Tell the world to go to my front page - under the Bush clock is a link for helping to erradicate breast cancer. Clicky on the link then clicky again. All the clickys go towards free mamograms for women.

    BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *big giggle at Robin's michelin man*

    Now Cam, I think it is a crime to look that yummy in such a fluffy jacket. I believe I'm going to have to ponder just the right sentencing for you for this crime of looking good.

    Get back to me later and I'll let you know what I have come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whah
    a whah
    um
    jacket
    um yeah
    jacket
    need to wipe drool from chin
    sunajh skfhohswuje sldjdisf
    droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

    yeah just checking out the jacket
    wasnt lookin at anything else
    nope
    not me
    besides
    not like Mayu knew I was here anyhow
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete