Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Up To Speed, Part 9: The "Perfect" Plan from Hell

It is amazing that I have been able to work at this entirely alone for so many years. I created the perfect plan and it is running perfectly. The only thing is that I have completely secluded myself from people and communication! I do everything by the internet. The phone rarely rings. I communicate with clients around the world using Yahoo! Messenger and Skype. I have several blog sites and over 800 blogs of "meat" (bacon?), substance, or so I like to think. People say I am a "man of (a) few words".
 
Somewhere before we moved, I cut off my left index finger fingertip. It was an exciting adventure and felt kind of weird watching the nurse toss my finger in the trash. It was even more interesting watching the doctor and nurses' reactions as my fingertip grew back healthier and faster and fuller than they have ever seen in their entire life. I blogged about that over on 360 as I took lots of photos of my cut off fingertip with my keitai camera in the hospital. Very neat it was. It gave me something really cool to talk to people about.
 
What is even more enthralling is that the fingertip has completely grown back but the fingerprint whorl has been altered. My friend Sheila calls me a lizard because of that. I must admit it does kind of feel like there is a teeny bit of cotton between my fingertip and the surface of objects, so I guess the nerves did not return 100%.
 

11 comments:

  1. I like to think of it as yet another adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cam... I'd rather watch you peel eggs than see the end of your finger.... all ... cut off....



    boys are so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any "total seclusion" photos. Well, that would be every photo I've taken over the past four years, but... I thought this one would have more dramatic effect to it.

    It wasn't gross at all when I did it. It was shocking when the nurse took the tip and tossed it in the trash can. And it made that "slug-click" when I nipped it off by accident with the pruning shears as I was cutting and trimming persimmons from the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GROSS!!!!! Dismemberment, no matter how small still freaks me OUT! LOL Ewwwww...... glad your finger grew back, and I have that cotton feeling too as I nearly cut two of mine off as I was opening a cat food can. I didn't take pictures.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing..... I think......yea........ EWWWW....... I guess you you could call cutting off your finger an adventure. I cut my finger really bad and had to have my neighbor come over and help me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cam, that is disgusting........trying to eat lunch here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am up to speed on blogs only
    I still gotta go back for comments
    but i had to say
    EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    and I luv you
    sorry I have been AWOL
    I am working on the book
    dealing with an obnoxious neighbor and
    we have an anniversary date coming up
    not a good one
    guess Im a little stressed
    **sigh**
    glad your finger grew back
    I will suck on it when I see you next
    then you can check if your nerves are there or not
    ,-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the cotton feeling.... left thumb... while chopping onions.... no photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm feeling a little faint *swoooon*

    I love you lizard man.

    ReplyDelete