Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pre-Review: Adidas Anzo Mid

After dropping Mayu off at the bus depot so she could go to a concert in Tokyo today, I headed over to Sports Depo (similar to Sports Authority, but Japanese) and bought a new pair of workout gloves. The most recent pair I bought... I should have looked at the material because there is no leather in those Nike gloves. And what does that mean? It means that the palms are polyester. What is polyester? Soft, spun PLASTIC! And what does that mean? It means there is no grip when I am lifting or pulling, which leads to the gloves sliding off the weight machine handles. Not a good thing!

So I bought a new pair of Gold's Gym leather gloves. I previously had the same ones but somewhere along the way one went missing (dropped in the parking lot, perchance?) and I never found it. That's OK; these are good and I'll get some good use out of them.

I also wandered around the store and looked at a variety of things, just to look. I found some Adidas Anzo Mid shoes that were on sale from JPY 13,000 to JPY 8,000. They had my size, which was rare, and they had one size larger as well. I tried them on, but at that time only had my thick hiking Smartwool socks on so couldn't really tell which pair was good for me. I also didn't really know if I needed a new pair of casual shoes since recently I got the most kickass pair of shoes from NYC on the Cam2PR-Kayak Wedding trip to PR. I love those shoes with a passion!

But ... you know... a guy can never have too many shoes, right?

I left without them, and headed over to Starbucks to enjoy an Americano with cream and whipped cream while I read a couple of the last chapters in my "A Consultation with the Back Doctor" book, by Hamilton Hall, M.D.

Then I came home in the snow. I bummed around here for a bit, had some lunch. I chatted with Jenny for a while but she needed sleep so she bid me good night and headed off to bed. I finished reading the book (yaay!)

After sitting for almost 3 years on my bookshelf I finally finished this book!!! It was an excellent book, just excellent. For all of you who have had backpain, I highly recommend it!,

Next I found out that everyone had gone to bed and there was nothing new and exciting on the blogs. So I looked on the net to see if I could find anything about these shoes. The following reviews look really quite good and they got me thinking again.

I drove back into Fukui to try on these shoes (with normal socks on this time) and bought the Size 28 (USA 10).

I am looking forward to wearing them and I will be sure to let you know how they fit my feet after I have had the opportunity to kick around in them for a while (as a review). This doesn't count as a review because I have not yet tested them!

Lots of snow today and as sometimes happens, the snow is heavier in Fukui than it is out here. That is rare, but Global Weirding (TM) can do that.

One of the things I enjoy about Mayu going away for a night is that I get to pull out the sleeping bag and camp down here! It's just ... fun. That's all. Well, not just "all" because it's a fair bit warmer down here than up there since the heater is usually on until I go to bed. Then it cools down to a chill morning, instead of a freezing near zero morning. And the sleeping bag sleep is always cozy and brings back memories of youth.

Well, time to head over to the sento, I think to warm the core. I'll come back, cook some dinner maybe have a beer (ooh! a whole beer! ooh!) and settle in for the night.

I love you!

Here is what they say about these shoes....

Cam

P.S. Can you tell I'm kind of bored?

Adidas Anzo Mid Shoes
Customer Rating/Review

The fit and feel of high-performance footwear in a comfortable, all-purpose, mid-cut leather boot. Outdoor-inspired detailing, crepe sole, felt detailing and interior comfort.   Full-grain leather upper for comfort and soft feel.

  • Perforated foam lining for breathability. 
  • Suede synthetic lining for enhanced fit and comfort. 
  • Molded ortholite antimicrobial, moisture-wicking sockliner. 
  • Internal LightStrike™ EVA cushioning system for low profile to the ground. 
  • High traction rubber outsole for the ultimate grip.

adidas Anzo Mid
Average customer ratings:
Overall: 5.0 stars  Comfort: 5.0 stars  Look:
5.0 stars

83% of Fit Survey respondents said this shoe "Felt true to size"
85% of Fit Survey respondents said this shoe "Felt true to width"
80% of Fit Survey respondents said this shoe had "Excellent arch support"



2007-11-30 23:31:26
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

Adidas Anzo is the best work shoe I've ever owned - They keep my feet cool, comfortable, and the shoes themselves are lightweight. I work in Iraq, and own four pair of these shoes. They are excellent for all day wear, the comfort is amazing. A little more sensitive to all the gravel compared to a combat boot, but a heck of a lot more comfortable. Even when I get back to the States I'll continue wearing them. They're just that good.

2007-03-01 19:34:52
Overall:4 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

The left tongue wouldn't sit straight... Loved the shoes overall. Great for anything, and felt terrific on my feet, even after 16-hour days, right out of the box! However, after about 3 months, I found that because of any tongue support (laces-through, etc.), it seemed to slide to the side on only the left shoe. So, that's the only reason I gave them a 4 out of 5. Folks with straighter feet should probably be okay. I will purchase a second set of these, to see if the left tongue will stay straight.

2007-01-30 05:13:19
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Moderate arch support

Wicked shoes - Great shoes from Adidas. The Anzo's rock! Very comfortable, wore them all day and no hurting toes, heels nothing!!!! If you like a rugged looking shoe, do a lot of walking or errands and wear jeans or kakis - this is the shoe. Makes big feet look neat - I wear a 9. Great service as always with Zappos.

2006-12-19 22:53:56
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

RUGGED - These shoes have great arch support. I got the tan colored pair and they have served me well since the fall. They actually look older than they are but I don't wear them out for a night on the town. Would love to see selection of different colors. A good shoe.

2006-11-07 02:52:12
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

Extroadinary - These are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes/boots I have ever owned.

2006-10-17 07:17:20
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt a half size smaller than marked
Shoe Width: Felt narrower than marked
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

Anzi Mid - The shoes were as advertised, very comfortable--use for work (casual) I like the unique styling.

2006-05-10 16:30:14
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

Best shoes that I've bought in the last two years! Unfortunately, Zappos did not have the color that I wanted (Espresso/Lt Twine) so I had to buy them elsewhere. These shoes are so great that I felt compelled to post a review here though. They are so comfortable with great arch support. Definitely going to be my favorite shoes for a while.

2006-04-18 14:09:36
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

Great shoes - Wow what a shoe! Never seen anything like it!

2005-12-05 08:04:13
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Moderate arch support

My review - Great looking, comfortable shoes.

2005-11-14 12:58:57
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

GREAT SHOE! This is an excellent informal, knock-around-casual shoe. It has a well designed, distinctive look- and they're really comfortable. A great shoe for wearing with jeans! The graphite color is a true gray and good looking. I am glad I bought them. I wear a 10.5M in most shoe brands and a 10.5M in this shoe was a perfect fit. Zappos: you're 2 for 2- I'll shop you again!

2005-11-02 05:40:28
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:5 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Moderate arch support

I like em - I like these shoes, I wear them to work every day. I've had them for about three months. I even get the occasional compliment:)

2005-08-31 04:09:52
Overall:5 stars   Comfort:4 stars   Look:5 stars
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

Great Shoe! I bought this shoe to go on holiday in a city where I knew I wanted to do a lot of walking. It is very comfortable. The inner sole works to keep your feet cushioned into the late hours. My only qualm is that it's a hot shoe and is better suited for the cold months of the year. With the coolest socks I can get, I still felt I needed to take off the shoe due to the heat.Other than that, I love it!!

14 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you finally settled on some shoes for your feet! Did you while you were at the shoe store happen to sell any shoes to other customers? See I know how you love to chat and get aquainted with people and well I remember and wonder if that man in the shoe store in Asheville that you were advising, ever bought those shoes he was marching all round the store in. heheheheeh

    You in a sleeping bag. hmmmmmmm...what thoughts are going on in my head now. *smooch*

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mavis - I had forgotten about that gentleman. I hope he did purchase the shoes as he so seemed to enjoy walking around the store in them.

    Thanks for popping in.

    I love you.

    P.S. It's a "mummy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, the tongue doesn't sit straight! Just like me!

    And you know I loves buying new shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt - Do you have these shoes?

    I'm always slightly embarrassed when guests come over and they think we have a whole bunch of other people visiting! In fact, it's just Mayu and my shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh... beer!

    I had a beer at dinner. That's why i didn't chat til the wee hours like i usually do.

    You're probably asleep in that bag as i write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (actually, I am wiping down the range, the hood, the fridge, the countertops. Then I shall make my bedtime triple espresso. I have just finished my dinner and my weekly newspaper and am wondering what I might do next...)

    So, what is your opinion on these shoes? I thought I might ask you, but alas, you were drenched in beer-sleep and most likely snoring up a storm!

    Oh, by the way, have I told you this morning yet that I love you?

    No?

    Well then...

    I rub you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh, Matt...

    I think my Cammy's a bit tipsy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. (1st brain) Hmmm... It seems that my third brain is not responding. Perhaps it is that grey matter that has become "tipsy" as you put it.

    (2nd brain) Yes, perhaps you are right, Cam. An unresponsive brain is not a good sign.

    (3rd brain), "huh? wha? zzzzzzzz....."

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is polyester? Soft, spun PLASTIC!



    but at that time only had my thick hiking Smartwool socks on





    *tsk* such veiled criticism...


    :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. No it doesn't!


    and just in case it does.... *pulls up your shirt and plants a huge raspbery right on your belly*




    I love you!!


    Go shovel the snow!

    ReplyDelete